The all-new AirPort Time Capsule works with OS X to automatically and wirelessly back up everything on your Mac to its 2TB or 3TB hard drive. (1) And it doubles as a full-featured Wi-Fi base station with next-generation 802.11ac technology.(2)
• Automatic wireless backup with a massive 2TB or 3TB of storage space built in (1)
• Full-featured Wi-Fi base station with next-generation 802.11ac technology (2)
• Up to 3x faster Wi-Fi (2)
• Up to 50 per cent faster Time Machine backups (3)
• Powerful beamforming antenna array for higher performance and range
• All-new design with smaller footprint
• Simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi
• Easy setup with a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Connect a USB printer or hard drive and access it wirelessly
• Secure connections and compatibility with Mac computers, PCs, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and more.
Cables are sold separately. Internet access requires a compatible ISP; fees may apply.
1 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2 AirPort Time Capsule is based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Performance based on comparison with Apple’s 802.11n products.
3 Testing conducted by Apple in May 2013 using preproduction AirPort Time Capsule 802.11ac 2TB base stations, production AirPort Time Capsule 802.11n
(4th generation) 2TB base stations, and preproduction 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units with 4GB of RAM. Wireless network
configured with WPA2. Performance may vary due to network configuration, distance, wireless interference and other factors. Tests are conducted using
specific devices and reflect the approximate wireless Time Machine backup performance of AirPort Time Capsule.